QuickBooks is ideal accounting software for all the small and medium sized businesses irrespective of their nature. It is true that the QuickBooks is a very powerful accounting software but it is also true that it is prone to errors. You may find yourself in a situation when your QuickBooks software stops working suddenly. One such issue is QuickBooks has stopped working or responding that comes to your screen while opening the QuickBooks desktop application. If you are also facing the same issue and you are looking for detailed solution then this is the right page for you. This article will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Has Stopped Working or Responding by manual procedures. You can also avail the live technical support services for your QuickBooks issues by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289.
Causes Of QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
There can various factors that can cause this error and if you want to resolve the issue manually, you must be aware of the factor that causes this issue and some of them are as follow:
- Your company file contains more than 60 characters
- INI file is either missing or damaged
- Your hard drive is having some kind of corruption
- QuickBooks installation wasn’t done properly or it was damaged
- Some Windows files got damaged due to virus or malware attack
How To Resolve QuickBooks Has Stopped Working?
Solution 1: Download And Use QuickBooks Refresher (QBRefresher) Tool
QuickBooks Refresher Tool is specially developed to refresh all the QuickBooks software completely. It basically ends all the background processes and performs a mini repair on your QuickBooks. This tool can be used by any QB user as it doesn’t require any kind of extra charges. You can simply download the tool by clicking on following link:
Note: You have to close all the QuickBooks processes before installing this tool on your system.
- Install QB Refresher tool properly
- Run the tool and wait for the process to get completed.
- Run QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not. If you still get same then move on to next solution.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool)
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool deals will all the installation issues and other issues relates to Microsoft Components that are important for QuickBooks to run smoothly. You can download the tool by clicking this link:
- Perform a clean installation of QB Install Diagnostic tool in your system
- Run the scan and wait for around 15-20 minutes to finish the process. The time taken by scan depends on your system configuration and internet connection.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system to save changes
- Run QuickBooks again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Rename The QBWUSER.ini File
Note: When you rename the QBWUSER.INI file, the previously opened company file list will get erased and you will have to open your company files manually next time.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to rename the file:
- Press Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the folder: C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- If the folder is not visible then you will have to enable hidden files and folders
- Locate the QBWUSER.ini file right-click on it.
- Select Rename from the drop-down list and add .old at the end of the file name (Example: ini.old).
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Try to open QuickBooks Desktop.
If the QuickBooks gets started after renaming these files then try to open a sample company file. If it get opened but you can’t open your QuickBooks company file then you can copy the file to a different location and then try to open company file again. If the file gets opened from the new folder then it means that the error was occurring due to damaged folder or insufficient folder permissions.
If the company file couldn’t be accessed then there are chances that your company file is damaged. In such cases, you will have to restore a backup of your company file.
If both, sample file and company file couldn’t be accessed then it means that the installation of your QuickBooks software is damaged.
Solution 4: Reinstall Using Clean Install
If solution 3 couldn’t resolve your issue then you will have to reinstall your QuickBooks software using a clean install. A clean install basically removes all QB related files of the previous installation. It is a very important process when multiple functions of your QuickBooks gets damaged.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Issues
The provided solutions should allow you to get rid of the QuickBooks Not Responding issue easily and you should be able to open QuickBooks software or the company file. However, sometimes this error doesn’t get resolved by manual process and it requires an expert’s intervention. If you have tried all the mentioned solution steps then you are required to get in touch with the technical support department of 800techsupportnumber.com. For this, you need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and you will be directly connected to one of our Intuit certified ProAdvisor.