QuickBooks comes with various accounting tool that can be very beneficial for you. QuickBooks has been providing accounting solutions to its users from more than a decade ago. However, it can fall into some issues that can restrict you from working on your QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Error 80070057 is one such error that can occur while opening your QuickBooks company file.
You get the following error message:
80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
Are you also facing the error code 800750057 while opening the company file? Well, if yes then you have landed on the right page as we will be providing you the steps to resolve this run time error. You can also contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1800-210-5289 toll-free for instant resolution of your issues.
Causes Of Error Code 80070057
This error can occur when you don’t have enough permission to delete or modify files in a particular folder. To run QuickBooks in multi-user mode properly, you should have read/write access and create/delete rights for the folder where your company files are stored. Some of the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 80070057 are as given below:
- You tried to open the company file by double-clicking on it whereas the QuickBooks company files can only be accessed inside QuickBooks Desktop.
- You are opening a company file which is stored on a server computer and your local system is not connected to the hosting system.
- Firewall program installed in your system is not configured for QuickBooks
- You are using BitDefender antivirus program that restricts uncommon ports when a connection is being made between computers. QuickBooks Desktop 2018, 2017, and 2016 requires the database service running on the host computer. This database service communicates through ports 56728 (2018), 56727 (2017), and 56726 (2016) respectively and BitDefender blocks these ports by default.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Before moving on to the solution steps, you need to log in to your system administrator rights and then try to open QuickBooks company file. Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve error code 80070057:
Open The Company File After The QuickBooks Program Has Already Opened
QuickBooks is designed in way that the company files can only be opened from inside the program. You may encounter some errors if you try to open by double-click on it.
- Go to Start > All Programs > QuickBooks
- If the company file didn’t get opened automatically then you have to select the company file and then click on Open.
Move The Company File Folder To Local Drive
Create a new folder in C:\ drive of the hosting computer and then copy the company file there. Doing this will allow all connected systems to access the file.
Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release
You must be updated to the latest version of QuickBooks to get rid of most of the run time errors. Using latest version of QuickBooks allows you to explore new things in accounting as well.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is specially developed to resolve QuickBooks company file issues. Intuit provides you this service to make QuickBooks software more effective. This tool can be used by every QuickBooks user because Intuit do not charge extra for this tool. You just have to run the tool and it will automatically detect and troubleshoot identified issues. You can download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool by clicking on the following link:
Manually Resolve Error 800070057
- Rename the .nd file.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys
- Go to the folder that stores all QuickBooks files
- Locate .ND file from the folder and right-click on it. Example:qbw.nd
- Select Rename option from the drop-down.
- Add OLD work at the end of the file name. Example:qbw.nd.old
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server manager to rescan your file.
- Go to Start and type QuickBooks Database Server manager in the search field and hit enter.
- Click on Add Folder and choose the folder where your company file is located from the Browse Folder
- Click on Scan.
- Once the scan finishes, re-open the QuickBooks company file.
Note: This step is only for those users who use QuickBooks over a network and this step should be performed on the Server only.
Configure Your Firewall Software
- Check firewall and internet security for updates and network access to see the required exceptions.
- Follow the prompts provided by your firewall manufacturer for configuring your firewall properly so that the Internet access can be allowed for QuickBooks files on all workstations.
- If you still face the issue even after configuring the firewall then we recommend you to uninstall and reinstall firewall program and then try to access QuickBooks company files.
Note: Intuit doesn’t provide support for firewall and antivirus issues. If your antivirus or firewall is having some issues then you will have to contact the respective manufacturer for support.
Configure BitDefender To Allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Select Antivirus from the main menu of BitDefender 10.0
- Click on Custom level > Exclude path from scan.
- Click on New item.
- Choose the mapped drive or UNC path which is used locate the company file. Example: “Q:\”
Resolve QuickBooks Company File Issues
Provided solutions will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057 by manually. However, the error may become unrecoverable if you keep on ignoring this error. You are recommended to resolve this error the moment you received it on your system because it can even corrupt your entire database. If you are not able to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057 then you will have to reach out to the technical support department of 800techsupportnumber.com. For this, you just have to pick up your phone and dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and you will be instantly connected to one of our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors who will analyze the condition of your QuickBooks software and you will provided required solution instantly.